DETAILS HERE: White House slaps down media’s report about Elon Musk

1

For ads-free news, click here.

Politico released a report around noon on Wednesday, claiming that Elon Musk will soon be out the door from the Trump administration.

The White House has responded, calling the report “garbage.”

From PoliticoPresident Donald Trump has told his inner circle, including members of his Cabinet, that Elon Musk will be stepping back in the coming weeks from his current role as governing partner, ubiquitous cheerleader and Washington hatchet man.

The president remains pleased with Musk and his Department of Government Efficiency initiative, but both men have decided in recent days that it will soon be time for Musk to return to his businesses and take on a supporting role, according to three Trump insiders who were granted anonymity to describe the evolving relationship.

Musk’s looming retreat comes as some Trump administration insiders and many outside allies have become frustrated with his unpredictability and increasingly view the billionaire as a political liability, a dynamic that was thrown into stark relief Tuesday when a conservative judge Musk vocally supported lost his bid for a Wisconsin Supreme Court seat by 10 points.

It also represents a stark shift in the Trump-Musk relationship from a month ago, when White House officials and allies were predicting Musk was “here to stay” and that Trump would find a way to blow past the 130-day time limit.


White House Press Secretary Karoline Leavitt fired back in response to the Politico report.

“This “scoop” is garbage. Elon Musk and President Trump have both *publicly* stated that Elon will depart from public service as a special government employee when his incredible work at DOGE is complete,” she wrote.

“Yeah, fake news,” Musk replied.

Fox Business host Maria Bartiromo reacted to the report with the following statement: “I would not be surprised if @elonmusk is getting threatened. He is getting awfully close to criminality and fraud by Democrats. He is exposing everything & people are probably trying to bully him. Don’t underestimate how tough it is to do what he is doing. Sure, The White House says he’ll stay until he is done and the story is probably not true right now, but I have no doubt some are out to get him and want him to stop before they are exposed & it’s tough to handle. Don’t kid yourself.”

Musk responded, “100%.”

On Monday, a reporter asked President Trump during an Oval Office event if he wants Elon Musk to stay beyond the initial 130-day time limit that had been set.

Trump replied, “I think Elon Musk is amazing, but I also think he has a big company to run, so at some point he’s going to go back. I’ll keep him for as long as I can keep him. He’s a very talented guy. I love very smart people. And he’s very smart, and he’s done a great job. Him and his team of high IQ geniuses.”

“A lot of people that are working with DOGE are the secretaries and they’ve learned a lot. I think some of them may try to keep the DOGE people with them. At a certain point it will end but they’ve also gotten a big education. There will be a point at which the secretaries can do this type of work, and do it with a scalpel.”

Watch below:

Follow us on X (Formerly Twitter.)
The DML News App: www.X.com/DMLNewsApp

The Dennis Michael Lynch Podcast archive is available below, with the most recent on top. Never miss an episode. Subscribe to the show by downloading The DML News App or go to Apple Podcasts.

CLICK HERE FOR COMMENTS SECTION