BREAKING: Reporter publishes more Trump Cabinet group chat messages

13

For ads-free news, click here.

From The Hill: The Atlantic has published the Signal group chat messages among national security leaders that were inadvertently shared with Editor-in-Chief Jeffrey Goldberg, noting administration officials said Tuesday they were not classified.

The published chats show the internal discussions Goldberg described in a Monday article, with figures including Vice President Vance discussing the merits of an airstrike on Houthi targets in Yemen.

The published chat offers details about the attack that the initial article did not contain, including the specific timeline of the airstrike and what weapons would be used.

President Trump, Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth and other officials have ripped The Atlantic and Goldberg in an effort to discredit their reporting, and in a statement, The Atlantic said it wanted to make public the texts so that people could see them for themselves.


“There is a clear public interest in disclosing the sort of information that Trump advisers included in nonsecure communications channels, especially because senior administration figures are attempting to downplay the significance of the messages that were shared,” wrote Goldberg and fellow reporter Shane Harris.

The Atlantic declared since multiple officials on the group chat, including National Intellligenge Director Tulsi Gabbard, CIA Director John Ratcliff, Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth, and National Security Advisor Mike Waltz, have all said there was no classified information on the chat, they are free to release the information to the public.

CLICK HERE to view the new report published by The Atlantic on Wednesday.

Screenshots of the newly released texts are now circulating on social media.

“TEAM UPDATE: TIME NOW (1144et): Weather is FAVORABLE. Just CONFIRMED w/CENTCOM we are a GO for mission launch. 1215et: F-18s LAUNCH (1st strike package). 1345: ‘Trigger Based’ F-18 1st Strike Window Starts (Target Terrorist is @ his Known Location so SHOULD BE ON TIME – also, Strike Drones Launch (MQ-9s),” Hegseth wrote in one text to the group.

“1410: More F-18s LAUNCH (2nd strike package). 1415: Strike Drones on Target (THIS IS WHEN THE FIRST BOMBS WILL DEFINITELY DROP, pending earlier ‘Trigger Based’ targets). 1536 F-18 2nd Strike Starts – also, first sea-based Tomahawks launched,” Hegseth’s message read. “Godspeed to our Warriors,” he adds.

A scrolling video is also circulating of the entire group chat:

National Security Advisor Mike Waltz responded to the bombshell release with the following statement on X Wednesday morning:

No locations.
No sources & methods.
NO WAR PLANS.
Foreign partners had already been notified that strikes were imminent.
BOTTOM LINE: President Trump is protecting America and our interests.

Vice President Vance wrote: “It’s very clear Goldberg oversold what he had. But one thing in particular really stands out. Remember when he was attacking Ratcliffe for blowing the cover for a CIA agent? Turns out Ratcliffe was simply naming his chief of staff.”

White House Press Secretary Karoline Levitt wrote, “The Atlantic has conceded: these were NOT “war plans.” This entire story was another hoax written by a Trump-hater who is well-known for his sensationalist spin.”

Waltz discussed the fiasco in an interview with Fox News reporter Laura Ingraham Tuesday night, and said he hoped The Atlantic would not release the contents of the chat, because it was “sensitive information” but not “classified.”

Adrienne LaFrance, executive editor for The Atlantic, posted a link to the new report with the entire chat Wednesday morning and wrote, “The Trump administration is misleading the public by downplaying what was in the Signal messages @JeffreyGoldberg received. People should see the texts for themselves. Here you go:”

WATCH: Trump and Waltz speak out on group text mistake

Follow us on X (Formerly Twitter.)
The DML News App: www.X.com/DMLNewsApp

The Dennis Michael Lynch Podcast archive is available below, with the most recent on top. Never miss an episode. Subscribe to the show by downloading The DML News App or go to Apple Podcasts.

CLICK HERE FOR COMMENTS SECTION