BREAKING: Kamala Harris’ Secret Service protection REVOKED, spokesperson says

10

FROM FOX NEWS: A spokesperson for Kamala Harris confirmed to Fox News on Friday that the former vice president’s Secret Service protection has been revoked by President Donald Trump.

The spokesperson added that there was no reason given as to why it was removed.

A senior White House official told Fox News Digital that vice presidents usually have a Secret Service detail for only six months after departing office.

A source briefed on the matter also told Fox News that the decision to revoke Harris’ Secret Service protection was made yesterday and that is when the Secret Service was notified.


Harris had been granted an extended protection period by former President Joe Biden, who signed an executive memorandum on the extension. But Trump rescinded that memorandum on Thursday, effectively ending the detail on Sept. 1. It is unclear why she was given the extension.

The Harris team was reportedly rocked by the news as it is set to kick off a new tour for her upcoming book “107 Days” in late September, scheduled to hit major U.S. cities like  New York City, Philadelphia and Los Angeles.

READ MORE AT FOX NEWS

CLICK HERE FOR COMMENTS SECTION