FROM DAILY MAIL: A 25-year-old wunderkind hand-picked by Donald Trump to organize America’s 250th birthday celebration has been fired after making an unauthorized post mourning Charlie Kirk.
Ariel Abergel has enjoyed a monumental rise within MAGA circles, after he was plucked from a producing role at Fox & Friends to help organize Trump’s huge military parade back in June. He was also tasked with leading the upcoming celebration for America’s 250th birthday, but on Monday revealed he had been fired by America250, the group behind the extravagant event.
The group published a statement accusing Abergel of initiating ‘a security breach of a commission social-media account’, along with a list of other wrongdoings. But Abergel rubbished the allegations, insisting he was instead fired because he publicly mourned the death of conservative activist Charlie Kirk.
Abergel requested that the US Semiquincentennial Commission use the official America250 Instagram page to release a statement after Kirk was assassinated on September 10.
He went on to post a photo of Kirk to without formal approval, writing: “America is in mourning. God bless Charlie Kirk.”
Abergel was immediately suspended, and ultimately fired when he refused to resign.
According to a spokesman for America250, Abergel “initiated a security breach of a commission social-media account, attempted to procure the resignations of multiple commissioners by misrepresenting himself as acting on behalf of Congressional leadership, and engaged in multiple other serious and repeated breaches of authority and trust.”
She said Abergel defyed “directives from the Commission’s executive committee” and had been ‘engaging in unauthorized actions related to Commission approved programming, finances, and communications, jeopardizing the Commission’s operations and reputation.”
Abergel said he was fired because he publicly mourned Kirk’s death and that America250’s statement contained “malicious lies… meant to distract from the truth.”
The report notes that the decision on Abergel was made by a bipartisan group made up of civilians and elected officials who sit on the board of the US Semiquincentennial Commission, which is overseeing the celebration. The members of the commission include US Senator Alex Padilla, a vocal Trump critic, as well as Secretary of Defense Pete Hegseth, Attorney General Pam Bondi and Secretary of State Marco Rubio.
The simmering scandal that is the massively taxpayer-funded, left-wing controlled, shockingly lame and unimpressive America 250 debacle is perhaps about to break open with this firing of the sole Trump person there. https://t.co/nZndDy9DLC
— Mollie (@MZHemingway) September 23, 2025
READ MORE AT DAILY MAIL


